Wednesday 3 December 2014

Blogmas Day Three: Grandma's Shortbread

For blogmas today I am sharing the shortbread recipe I use during the Christmas season. This shortbread recipe is my Grandma's and is my favorite and happens to be one of my December favorites. IT is a very easy recipe to mix up and you do not want something complicated. I use a metal pastry press to form the cookies but you can also roll out the dough to cut it with a cookie cutter.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup icing sugar
2 cups pastry flour
1/2 cup potato flour
1/2 lb butter

Mix ingredients with a pastry blender. With hands bring together to make a ball. Knead until smooth. Refrigerate prior to assembling the cookies.
When assembling the cookies knead the dough again but DO NOT use flour. Put through a pastry press or roll flat and cut in to desired shapes. Bake at 325-350 until lightly brown. Enjoy immediately, enjoy later or freeze the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment