Tuesday 2 December 2014

Blogmas Day Two: December Favourites

  I love fall, but that love pales in comparison to advent and the whole Christmas season. I enjoy all aspects of Christmas. I like the songs, food, parties, decorations and traditions. December is also the only time of year I get to see my whole family so it becomes a very special time for us.
Now that the temperature is often dipping below zero my habits shift. I lean towards warmer clothes, warmer foods and warmer activities. I have some favorite things that I use especially often in December.

• Fuzzy Socks and Fleece PJs- I discovered the amazingness of fleece pjs three years ago when my grandma gave me a pair for Christmas. Now they are an absolute necessity for me. It gets very chilly in my bedroom during the night so having something warm is awesome. Plus they are superduper soft and comfortable to wear during the day too, because who would wear real pants when you can wear some extremely comfortable and cozy fleece PJ pants?! (fuzzy socks do basically all the same stuff but for my toes!)

• Eggnog and Grandma's Shortbread- this is self explanatory given the season, don't you think?
• Nokia phone- I got a new smartphone mid-November and I am very happy with it. It's a Nokia
 Lumia 620 and has a bright green case. It is so handy that I actually typed out this whole blog post when I have been out and about the  last few days!

• Pentatonix-  This group is a favorite for my whole family this year. We have both their 2014 Christmas albums and have been playing them on repeat constantly! The songs they perform range from "The little Drummer Boy" and "Mary Did You Know" to "Let it Go" and "Carol of the Bells". This is an acapella group and extreme talented. They have really gotten me in a mindset fir Christmas.

• Vaseline- This is another staple of mine when the cold weather hits. I use thus on my lips a few times each day and it. Keeps my lips from getting chapped in the winter air.







These keep me happy, cozy and sane during December and are things I use daily. Stay tuned for one of my favorite cookies tomorrow: Grandma's shortbread!

Happy Blogmas,
Kyra

No comments:

Post a Comment