Sunday 14 December 2014

Blogmas Day Fourteen: Upcycled Candle Holder



                                     


                               
Happy blogmas day fourteen! There are only eleven days left until Christmas. I have had a very very busy week with performing in three concerts with the local youth choir (thus the abundance of polyvore posts - there was no time for anything more). With classes wrapping up for me this week I can hardly wait to get in full-on caroling, cookie baking, Christmas wrapping and crafting mode!

Today I wanted to share one of my favourite finds from this years round of Christmas craft fairs and bazaars. This is a jam jar with old hymnal pages mod-podged on it. Twine and a small artificial poinsettia were tied around the neck of the jar.  A little tea light goes inside and lights the jar up beautifully.



                                                 

This cost me a whopping $1.50 at the bazaar and would be simple to recreate.
Old jar + book pages + mod pod = an adorable candle holder and Christmas decoration.


Until next time,
Kyra

No comments:

Post a Comment