Sunday 7 December 2014

Blogmas Day Eight: Inespensive Stocking Stuffers


                                      
This year I am in charge of filling the stockings of my family for Christmas morning. That will be for six people ranging from ages 12 to 80. This has been my mom's job for forever but I have taken it over this year in order to give her a lighter load at Christmas. Actually, I have almost completely taken over Christmas in our house this year. I am now in charge of baking, decorating and gift wrapping in addition to filling everyone's stockings. We are also trying to spend less money on Christmas this year as well as cutting back on the things we do not need. That being said there are some items that we always find useful and inexpensive as stocking stuffers.

For example:

Gum
Chocolate Bar
Mandarin Orange
Nuts
York Pepermint Patties (my personal favourite)

Comic Books
Notebooks
Stickers
Coloured Pens
Bubbles 

Razors
Deodorant 
Toothbrush
Nail Polish
Small Lotions


These are the stocking stuffers that we have found to be both inexpensive and useful.  There are dozens of cheap options at the dollar store but those things are not necessarily things that will be used by the recipient. Having a full stocking is great but is often less important for the adults. My 80 year old grandpa really doesn't want stickers and gum but would be thrilled with a toothbrush and bubbles.  You just have to know the person whose stocking you are filling. If all else fails use chocolate.



No comments:

Post a Comment